Vancouver, B.C. –The BC Council of Forest Industries (COFI) looks forward to welcoming Premier John Horgan as a keynote speaker at its 2019 Annual Convention, April 3-5, 2019 at the Parq Vancouver Hotel & Convention Centre in downtown Vancouver. The Premier will address delegates at 12:15pm on Friday, April 5.
“We are very pleased to have Premier John Horgan back this year to speak to our delegates at the COFI Convention,” said Susan Yurkovich, president & CEO of COFI. “The Premier understands how significant a strong forestry sector is for jobs, communities and prosperity in our province, and we look forward hearing from him about the opportunities and challenges that lie ahead.”
More than 600 delegates are expected at this year’s annual gathering. Featured program sessions include:
- A keynote address on the global trade context by Robert Johnston, Executive Advisor and Managing Director of the Eurasia Group.
- The view from Washington with Ambassador David MacNaughton, Canada’s Ambassador to the United States, a key member of the team for the renegotiation of the US-Mexico-Canada Agreement (previously NAFTA) and an influential voice on the softwood lumber file.
- Remarks from Minister Doug Donaldson, Minister of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development, Government of British Columbia.
- A discussion with the deputies with Beth MacNeil, Canadian Forest Service at Natural Resources Canada, and John Allan, Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development.
- An important dialogue on reconciliation and indigenous partnerships.
- A presentation on how technology is shaping the future of forestry.
- Panel discussions with COFI member CEOs and with future forestry leaders.
To register for the 2019 COFI Convention, please visit www.cofi.org/convention/2019-convention